PRO FERRUM OIL
Complex fluid with wet drying capabilities.
Pro-Ferrum is designed to spread over surfaces in a similar manner to a super fluid: Once applied on a surface it forms a thin oil film which continues to creep over the surface to which it's applied.
Made In Germany.
PRO FERRUM WET DRYING GUN OIL
*SPECIAL OFFER*Buy any 2 or more for 10% off Condition: New
How pro-ferrum works:
Pro-Ferrum is not a classical oil, but a so called complex fluid.
Complex fluids are based on a variety of active ingredients which form a molecular team work.
This team is outstandingly strong in cleaning, encapsulation of water, metal protection and lubrication.
Due to the high spreading properties Pro-Ferrum undergoes and cracks baked or burned-in residues.
The protection team neutralises acids from fingerprints, dissolves the very first beginning of rust and replaces it by anti-corrosion layers.
Protects Guns & Prevents rust.
Pro-Ferrum is not a traditional oil, it is a complex fluid.
Complex fluids are based on a variety of active ingredients which form a complex molecular compound.
This compound is outstandingly efficient in dissolving powder residue, encapsulating water, protecting and lubricating metal.
STORAGE CONDITIONS OF THE FLUID
Keep away from oxidising agents, strongly acidic or alkaline materials!
From about -8 °C, the fluid can become cloudy and thickens slightly.
In this case, shake the spray can well before use.
The freezing point itself is less than -26 °C.
The fluid can still be used.
The fluid lubricates, cleans and removes primary rust, but the corrosion protection is slowed down at low temperatures.
When the fluid goes back to normal temperatures it will turn clear again.
Recommended storage temperature is between 5 – 40 °C.
Protect aerosol cans against frost and heat, do not pierce or burn.
Protect tinplate cans from moisture during storage!
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
Pro-Ferrum is designed for firearm cleaning, metal cleaning, long term metal protection, removal of water and lubrication.
The fluid is also suitable for the care of wood, smooth leather, rubber and modern plastic materials of guns.
Pro-Ferrum is not a classic oil, but was developed as a complex fluid for gun care.
In complex fluids a variety of active ingredients work together in a molecular-physical way.
This synergy of physical forces of molecules is more efficient and smoother to the surface than in the case of a chemical attack.
The unique properties of Pro-Ferrum are based on this molecular team-work:
• auto-emulsifying: absorbs water automatically in the form of very small droplets and thus prevents direct contact with metal.
• super-spreads, undercuts and breaks up combustion residues.
• neutralises acids from fingerprints and combustion.
• dissolves the very early beginning of rust and forms an anti-corrosion layer.
All ingredients are very gentle to the skin (DERMATEST certified as “EXCELLENT”) and to other materials.
Due to its natural plant extracts Pro-Ferrum inhibits microbial attacks in its pure form, but when mixed with water, Pro-Ferrum is readily biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
Pro-Ferrum does not contain silicone oils or any fluoro-polymers.
Especially fluoropolymers form corrosive and toxic hydrofluoric acid at the high combustion temperatures in the barrel.
The use of such oils is therefore not recommended.
FREQUENT CLEANING AND MAINTENANCE
Tip of a gunsmith: a bit of regular cleaning is better than intensively after a long time!
The cleaning effort can be minimised significantly by regularly treating the gun with Pro-Ferrum after use in order to remove any form of firing or other contamination.
The cleaning does not necessarily have to be particularly intensive.
Even with a little maintenance and small amounts of Pro-Ferrum no deposits can build up to a critical hard layer.
Pro-Ferrum users notice that cleaning becomes faster, more efficient and easier over time.
CLEANING OF FIREARM PARTS IN GENERAL
1. Spray some Pro-Ferrum on a soft cloth.
2. Wipe the gun parts with this cloth to create a very thin oil film.
3. If necessary, rub with a dry cloth to absorb excess liquid.
PRE-CLEANING OF FIREARM PARTS
Tip: Pre-cleaning of the barrel immediately after shooting is finished before travelling home.
1. Give a short spray into the barrel.
2. Before travelling home enclose the barrel with a soft material (cotton wool, felt, tissue).
Pro-Ferrum now spreads evenly inside the barrel.
3. Pro-Ferrum infiltrates and softens the deposits during the journey.
This simple pre-treatment can shorten the actual cleaning significantly and allows time for Pro-Ferrum to work.
After transport, clean the barrel and the firearm as follows:
REMOVING WATER FROM FIREARM BY AUTO-EMULSIFICATION
1. Spray Pro-Ferrum directly onto wet parts.
2. Wait about 30 seconds until the water turns milky.
3. Wipe off with a soft dry cloth.
4. Spray again some Pro-Ferrum and wipe the film with a dry cloth.
CLEANING THE BARREL OF CARTRIDGE FIREARMS
1. Put a cleaning patch or felt onto a cleaning rod and spray some Pro-Ferrum on it.
2. Push the rod with the patch / felt slowly and carefully through the barrel, starting at the cartridge chamber towards the muzzle.
Caution: do not damage the muzzle with the tool!
Check if a bore guide would be useful.
3. Repeat procedure 1 to 2 until the patch / felt shows no more or hardly any residue*.
4. Carefully pull one or two dry patches / felt through the barrel.
5.* If there are significant tombac or lead residues in the barrel, repeat the procedure from 1 to 4 after about 2 days to 2 weeks if possible.
Otherwise use a boresnake with brass brush.
Pro-Ferrum is much gentler to the barrel than aggressive bore cleaners, but takes more time.
By loosening the tombac residues, the felt will take a greenish colour, in case of lead a greyish colour.
CLEANING OF MUZZLELOADERS
1. Pre-cleaning of the barrel immediately after shooting is finished; see point above.
Additionally use a soft cloth and a little bit of Pro-Ferrum to wipe off all parts that show signs of fumes.
2. After transport to the workshop, remove the barrel (if possible, depending on type of firearm) or connect it to a water source by means of hose connections.
3. Run water through the barrel as hot as possible until the water comes out clear.
4. Spray or soak a patch with Pro-Ferrum and wipe the barrel with the cleaning rod.
5. Repeat point 4 with a new patch until they come out nearly clean (usually about 3 to 4 patches are needed).
6. Spray sufficiently Pro-Ferrum into the barrel and wait for the fluid to exit the ignition hole.
7. Then wipe the barrel inside and outside with dry patches.
8. All parts of the gun which have been strongly exposed to combustion fumes should be wiped with a Pro-Ferrum sprayed cloth.
ADVANTAGES OF PRO-FERRUM:
• Water displacement and encapsulation of water droplets.
• No formation of resins.
• Compatible with wooden parts.
Due to auto-emulsifying properties the fluid keeps the natural moisture of the wood and does not lead to brittleness.
• Continuous super-spreading covers surfaces with a very thin lubricating and protective film.
EXCELLENT AND FAST REMOVAL OF:
• Powder combustion residues.
• Thin layers of tombac and lead; lead stays as a metal and is not dissolved into toxic salts.
• Early traces of rust: avoids further corrosion.
• An ongoing intensive cleaning effect of the above.
• Corrosion protection through the formation of molecular rust protection layers.
• Copper, brass, silver and gold fittings (for example such of historical collector's guns).
• Wood (avoids brittleness).
• Smooth leather.
• Plastics (avoids brittleness and protects from free radicals, UV).
• Rubber (avoids brittleness and protects from free radicals, UV).
• Exceptionally well tolerated by the skin.
• Stainless Steel
• Carbon steel (natural and burnished)
• Aluminium (natural and anodised)
• Weapon-typical plastics
• Carbon fibre
• Typical wood species of firearms
• Typical lacquers of firearms
• Smooth leather (may darken the colour)
• With transparent plastic polystyrene, check on an inconspicuous spot whether it turns opaque.
• Not for the care of suede leather